Friday, August 15, 2008

Munch inspired Chalk Art

This afternoon, the girls and I decided to make some chalk friends. The girls took turns lying on the ground and then I traced their bodies with sidewalk chalk.

Emma wanted to decorate by herself, hence, this face which I think looks like the guy from The Scream, perhaps just less tormented. She then proceeded to name her friend "Demon Emma." I tried to get away with just writing Emma underneath the body (I mean, really, do I need my neighbors wondering why I call my child a demon?) - but she reads and writes all too well now. She said to me, "Where's the word 'demon?'" So then I tried to cryptically put a "D." in front of the Emma, to which she responded, sounding out the word slowly, "DEEE-MUNNNN, Mommy - there's an M and an N too." So in the end, I actually had to write out Demon Emma, right there on our driveway.

Also, Alexa is really into naming letters she knows now - so when I asked her the name of her 2nd friend, she said, "It's spelled A-T-Y-T" so that's what I wrote underneath the other Chalk Buddy.






No comments: