Amidst Snomageddon 2010, we celebrated Tessa's 5 month birthday. I've made a point of celebrating each month of each girl's first year - and it's been fun. And for the most part, Arturo has humored me with the monthly birthday hat and cupcake. But let me tell you - the big girls are SO INTO it. Emma anticipates for days the arrival of Tessa's monthly birthday - and they both insist on helping me with the crown. It's quite fun!
Because we were snowed in this year, I had no cake mix or premade icing on hand. So I baked a cake from scratch and made maple icing ground up. The results were delicious! Emma actually asked me if I would make the same thing for her on her birthday - I take that as a definite compliment :).
The "5" candle in the picture below was Emma's idea.
No comments:
Post a Comment