But now, I'm getting about 3 ripe cucumbers every 2 days or so, and the back up of my fridge is being taken up by the green guys. Tomorrow, I plan on having a cucumber fest for dinner (though Arturo doesn't know this yet, unless he is reading this blog). Hopefully we'll get rid of a bunch by doing that. If anyone wants some cukes, let me know!
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Raining Cukes
Well, the cucumbers are coming in by the bushel (slight exaggeration). But still, there's only so many cucumbers you can eat and only so often that you can eat them before it gets a little tiresome. The first time we harvested our cucumbers, we got 3 and the girls ate them up about 5 minutes later. There is nothing like picking a cucumber and slicing it up and eating it not 5 minutes later!
But now, I'm getting about 3 ripe cucumbers every 2 days or so, and the back up of my fridge is being taken up by the green guys. Tomorrow, I plan on having a cucumber fest for dinner (though Arturo doesn't know this yet, unless he is reading this blog). Hopefully we'll get rid of a bunch by doing that. If anyone wants some cukes, let me know!
But now, I'm getting about 3 ripe cucumbers every 2 days or so, and the back up of my fridge is being taken up by the green guys. Tomorrow, I plan on having a cucumber fest for dinner (though Arturo doesn't know this yet, unless he is reading this blog). Hopefully we'll get rid of a bunch by doing that. If anyone wants some cukes, let me know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Fran! I love your blog! You guys are doing such fun things. Give me a call. I have some ideas on what you can do with your cucumbers, since you have so many!
Post a Comment