Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Crossfield Jogathon

Last Friday, Emma's school had a school wide jogathon. The idea was to promote fitness as well as raise money for the PTO. We were given sponsor forms and then ask sponsors to pledge a certain amount of money per lap that the child ran. Each lap was .2 miles and the kids had to run/walk/move for 30 minutes around the school field. I figured, no way is Emma going to make it more than 5 times around.

Go figure - Emma completed 10 laps in 30 minutes - that's 2 miles! And we figure that with her little legs, it was harder to cover that distance than it would be for us as adults. On top of that, she was smiling and having a great time the entire time! So I'm really proud of her! (Though I now have to pay twice as much $$ to the PTO as I had originally anticipated...)

Here is her kindergarten class warming up before the big run. There was a DJ in the background playing fun music and pushing the kids on. At the end of the run all the kids got popsicles too.




I love this picture of Emma with her friend Taryn:




No comments: