Monday, October 04, 2010

Upping the Ante

In our family, I am not too proud to admit that my pancakes are legendary.  My kids love my pancakes.  One weekend when my parents were here visiting, they offered to take the girls out for a weekend breakfast.  Both declined, saying they wanted Mom's pancakes instead!  (My heart swells)

Well, in the last few months, Arturo and I have had a weekend tradition of letting each other sleep in.  Arturo takes the "early" shift - waking up with Tessa and then with the big girls.  Once I'm awake (usually around 8:30) he then finishes breakfast and goes back for a morning nap.  This way, we both try to catch up on a little sleep over the weekend.

Imagine my surprise, when two weekends ago, I came downstairs to see my three kids gnoshing on... HOMEMADE PANCAKES.  Arturo was standing over the stovetop flipping pancakes, and all three girls were quietly munching.  And on top of that, Arturo made them this, freestyle:



To add insult to injury, this past Saturday I woke up to him making them chocolate chip pancakes!!!

Game On, I say.

No comments: