Thursday, January 29, 2009

Snow Day!

The Gay family was welcomed into the loving arms of the Fairfax County Public School System on Wednesday, when - due to 1-2 inches of snow, school was closed for the day. (Incidentally, this followed Monday and Tuesday which were closed due to "Teacher Work Days) I think that as a child, had I known that FFX was like this, I probably would have lobbied hard to move from NY down to Virginia.

In any case, Alexa is the big winner in all this - because since we are home with Emma anyway, it really makes no sense to bring her in to Chesterbrook - so in effect, she gets a snow day too! We all donned our snow suits (again) and went outside to play in the snow.


Here are Emma and our next door neighbors playing in the snow, on our playset. It was actually pretty funny to see them sliding down the slide, and swinging on the swings... in the snow.



No comments: