Saturday, June 09, 2007

Strawberry Fields Forever

This weekend, we went strawberry picking at Great Country Farms. The girls whined about half the drive there, so that was pretty unpleasant at 8 am on a weekend, but once we got there, they were thrilled. "Farmer Bob" took us out on the tractor, and as soon as we got into the fields, Alexa started eating berries, and didn't stop until she was full! By the time we turned around for the hayride, Alexa's face and dress were completely streaked with red berry juice. Emma got into the swing of things too, and I couldn't help thinking of "Blueberries for Sal."

Here we are walking the fields, in search of ripe berries (so juicy and delicious, the best I've ever tasted!)


Here is Alexa biting into a really juicy one. I love the look on her face. Note the berry stains on her face and dress!





I had to pick double-time. Alexa was following me around. For every berry I put into the bucket, I had to find one for her to eat, because she was eating them so fast. Good thing they didn't weigh her on the way out!

No comments: