This is the Reston "Egg-normous" Egg Hunt. Despite the cheesy name, it's actually lots of fun. We got there early and had a picnic lunch which was really nice. There were also lots of carnival games and a moon bounce set up. Emma did this thing where you have to throw a bean bag into this hole far away -- she was 3 for 3 -- and she didn't even look like she was trying, so I'm thinking we have a little basketball star on our hands!
Next was a visit to the Easter Bunnies... The funny thing here is, if you look at the pictures, Emma is always doing this "half turn" pose, which perhaps looks "cute." In actuality, I'm standing just off camera to the kids' side, and was trying to get Emma to turn all the way around. But she wouldn't budge. She's all smiles, but I think inside she's thinking, "I don't know what these things will do to me if I turn all the way around!"
The hunt is divided by age, and since the girls are in different age groups, we decided to have Alexa join in with the 3-4 year olds, rather than have to go to 2 hunts. We were slightly worried that Alexa would be run over by aggressive preschoolers, but she held her own. In fact, she ended up with more loot in her basket than Emma! As soon as she figured out what the goal was, she was all business, cleaning up the eggs and candy all around her. It was actually quite funny to watch.



Next was a visit to the Easter Bunnies... The funny thing here is, if you look at the pictures, Emma is always doing this "half turn" pose, which perhaps looks "cute." In actuality, I'm standing just off camera to the kids' side, and was trying to get Emma to turn all the way around. But she wouldn't budge. She's all smiles, but I think inside she's thinking, "I don't know what these things will do to me if I turn all the way around!"
The hunt is divided by age, and since the girls are in different age groups, we decided to have Alexa join in with the 3-4 year olds, rather than have to go to 2 hunts. We were slightly worried that Alexa would be run over by aggressive preschoolers, but she held her own. In fact, she ended up with more loot in her basket than Emma! As soon as she figured out what the goal was, she was all business, cleaning up the eggs and candy all around her. It was actually quite funny to watch.
No comments:
Post a Comment